Monday, April 25, 2016

April 25, Grants, NM







Today, as promised, we traveled to Grants, NM. Quite a short trip but once again very tiring driving because of the wind.  The picture above with the ball, is the camp grounds own wind "sock" and it never stops swinging.  We have even had to close the slide-out in the living area as the wind was causing the canopy over the slide-out to unravel, a little too much for our liking.  I think the wind blows like this at this time of the year in this area, as we can remember the same thing in 2010, when we traveled the I-40 from East to West.

At least I don't have to cook tonight.  This is one of the camps we stayed at in 2010, and we remembered having a lovely home cooked meal delivered to our door, for supper.  So we are doing the same thing tonight.  We are have roast turkey, mash potatoes, beans, gravy and cranberry sauce.  Then for dessert, in the high desert, we are having mixed berry pie and ice-cream.

Do hope the wind stops before we go to bed, because I'm sure I will feel like I'm on the high seas, if it doesn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment